Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weekend Haul > Manga, Mags & a Light

We went down to visit my mom in Baltimore today. It has been a while since we were there and wanted to drop by. It is also a great time for me and my wife to escape from our son for a few hours and be on our own.

I wanted to go to Barnes & Noble in hopes of getting some Manga I have not been able to find at Borders. I did not find Gurren Lagann 05, but managed to get Dorohedoro and a couple magazines my wife found for me Neo and Otaku USA).


I picked up Dorohedoro as I have been liking what VIZ Signature has been putting out and this had plenty of bloody violence. You can check out a quick review I did of the first volume of Dorohedoro.

Since NewType USA went the way of the Dodo (along with stupid PIQ), there are only a couple mags that deal with stuff form Japan. Now Otaku USA ($5.99 USD)is a good well round US Mag on the wonderful stuff we all love (Anime, Manga, Movies, Games, Cosplay, Music . . .). I enjoy that they have Manga Previews to read. I like most of their articles, but sometimes seem one sided at times.

Now NEO ($8.99 USD) is another magazine I like, but it is from the United Kingdom. Though it seems to be a bit behind stuff here in the US in reference to Anime, I do like the fact it goes more indepth with Live action movies. They seem to not dwell on the popular stuff and get into stuff that I guess would not interest us in the US. I however love the fact that they do that :) I do get into Live Action Asian Movies more than most other people.

Personally, I like NEO more than Otaku USA < sorry guys :(

We also hit IKEA and I wanted to get a small light for my desk. I get tired of having the overhead room light on all the time. I would rather have a just enough light to work by. I was able to pick up one called Jansjo for $9.99 USD.


It is a cute little blank light that give just enough light to type by as you can see below (bit blurry, but you get the idea). I need to tidy up my desk as it is getting cluttered again. I did have an issue with it on the outlet my UPS uses for my computer as it kept flickering. I had to move it over to another power outlet to get it to stop. I guess too much of a power drain :(
 

Are there any cool Magazines in your area that showcase the wonderful world of Anime, Manga, Games, Music Movies .  . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment