Monday, August 30, 2010

New Japanese Craze Hits America . . .

. . .  ERASERS????

I was walking in a mall in Frederick,MD and saw a sign on a Hallmark Store. It read "NEW Japanese Erasers For Sale". Now I had to check it out to see what was up.

They had boxes and shelves full of them. They had animals and vehicles, all in different colors and shapes. My son ended up getting a Blue Dolphin. The lady behind the counter told us they were fun to collect because the animal heads would come off so we could mix and match them - what a demented mind she had! I didn't think much of it until we went to a A.C.Moore (an arts & craft store) and found them there as well - it was an invasion!

Since they are made in Japan, they got the name "Japanese Erasers". I have only really seen these in specialty shops, but was quite surprised to see these in main stream shops. They have been around for a while and now seem to be a new trend here I suppose. They are reported to be quite safe and kids love to collect them. I think my son paid $1.29 for his.

I forgot to take a damn picture of these, so here are some shots I found over at Iwako USA some of the items.






Have you found these little bundles of rubber joy in your area yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment