Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Updated Blog Header and Added Page

I have been wanting to update my blog header for a while since the big change a while ago. I wanted to do something with Gurren Lagann that would really be cool. It took me about an hour tonight to do the research, make the banner and then upload it.

I had a couple ideas with using a group shot, but could not crop it. I kept either loosing Yoko or Nia in the shot.


The other idea was kind of a "family" shot with Kamina, Yoko and Simon. But once again, I had the issue of cutting off a head (Simons to be exact). But don't tell me that wallpaper is not a totally awesome shot!


I finally decided on Kamina as he was kind of a father figure in the show. I used an add-in for Photoshop CS3 to make the cool design you see above from this. make a change to the lettering to make it pop and wa-la, new header.



It is still kind of big, but I wanted it to stretch the entire length of the blog. What do you think of the change? Is it too bright for the blog as I have such a dark theme?

UPDATE: I made the header darker - it was too bright as Kluxorious said

I almost forgot, this past weekend I was a bit busy adding another page to the layout. You can now see all my reviews under one page header called Reviews (of course). I have it broken down by Anime, Figures, Manga & Movies in alpha order for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment