Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wacky Stuff from Japan, Vol 8

Here is another installment of my Wacky and Fun Stuff from Japan. I know these may not all be "wacky", but what the heck, not something you will see here in the US.

I have seen blue liquor, but never blue beer. It was created by Abashiri Brewerly and called Okhotsk Blue. From the text, the wanted to try to imitate the " Sea of Okhotsk in winter romantic". It is a Malt beer with 5% alcohol and is selling at $27.63 for a 6 pack. I have to admit that I would like to give this one a shot.


They also offer a Green and Red Beer at their site (in Japanese).

We all know how crowded city;s can be. Sometimes this makes it hard to get everyone from point A to point B. I have seen building knocked down for new roads to new buildings. However, I can say that I have never seen anything like this in our city. This is a shot where the office building gives way to the highway in Osaka.


Anyone have something like this in their city? Source

Tate's got some new Japanese food in and I will be giving some feedback later in the week on what I got. But I did want to post something about something I got. I will be reviewing Green Tea Coke. They also had the Pepsi brand of Green Tea soda, but me no like PissPee - so me no get.

So my first impression was it had a nice designed label. The coloring was your normal soda color and I was glad it was not green. The taste however did leave me flat. It was like drinking Coke Zero which really has no taste. But then after a few seconds, you got the green tea flavor. Kind of weird and not something I plan to get again.

Have you tried this and what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment